You’re going to love today’s Hamstrings, Booty and Abs workout! It includes a combo of exercises that are designed to strengthen the muscles along the back side of your lower body and fire up your abs.
I love training ALL the body parts, but workouts that target your lower body and core are great because they support your balance and stability, adding to your body’s ability to move well daily.
I love sharing classes like this – and but did you know there are 5 new classes released each week inside Rock Your Life? We have classes you can drop into, AND we have challenge programs you can follow -that have options for you no matter what your life stage, whether you are still in your cycling years, in perimenopause or post-menopause.
Grab a 30 day trial with this link and check out all of the incredible perks of being a member in Rock Your Life!
You can do today’s workout at home with some optional weighted objects (water bottles, dumbbells or whatever you have), and an elevated surface.
Let’s get right to it!
Great job with today’s workout! Now let’s get you a plan with workouts like this put together in a complete sequence that will strengthen your entire body – like the Rocking Abs and Booty Challenge in Rock Your Life! This challenge works your entire body with a special emphasis on your glutes and abs!
Start this challenge today!
(Returning to Rock Your Life? Just use the “returning members” button on the same page!)
Hamstrings, Booty and Abs Workout
Click to expand and see all workout move descriptions
Equipment: Elevated surface, weighted objects; hamstring options: exercise ball, sliders or band
Format: Perform the circuit 3 times within suggested rep ranges.
Single Leg Hip Thrusts (8-10 each side)
- Sit yourself on the mat in front of your elevated surface and place a weighted object on your hip creases.
- Press yourself up with your elbows and feet to position your back against the elevated surface; the edge of the surface should be at the base of your shoulder blades. Your knees should be aligned over your ankles, with your feet planted on the mat.
- Brace your core and drive through your heels to lift your hips and weighted objects towards the ceiling, knees tracking in line with the toes, squeezing your glutes and pausing at the top.
- In this position, transfer the weighted object over to your right hip crease and extend your left leg out and off of the mat.
- Drop your hips back down toward the mat with control and repeat the sequence for your max reps while keeping your left leg lifted and hips level with one another.
- Switch sides and repeat sequence for your max reps.
- MOD: Keep both feet planted for the duration of this exercise and/or perform this sequence without weighted objects.
Romanian Deadlifts (6-10)
- Begin standing with your feet hip distance apart, core braced, shoulders back and down (as if you were standing against a wall) and weighted objects in each hand.
- Push your hips back and hinge forward as far as you can while maintaining a flat back, slightly bending your knees and keeping the weighted objects close to your shins.
- Drive through your entire foot to come back to standing, pressing your hips forward, feeling your glutes working through this lift, and be mindful of not leaning back at the top.
- Repeat for your max reps.
Stay strong, healthy and fueled for your active lifestyle!
My delicious chocolate protein supports your healthy, active lifestyle and nourishes your body with 21 grams of organic plant-based protein (which contains all the essential amino acids).
Get Your I Chocolate Protein HERE!
Hamstring Pull-Ins (10-15)
- Lie on your back with your feet on a ball or in TRX straps
- Brace your core and raise your hips off the ground to form a straight line with your shoulders, back, glutes, knees, and ankles. Avoid straining your neck by using your arms on the mat to support you.
- Hold for a brief pause. Bend your knees and contract your hamstrings to pull the ball/straps as close to you as possible, while keeping shoulders, back, glutes, and knees in a straight line.
- With control, straighten your legs to the starting raised hips position.
- Repeat for your max reps.
Calf Raise Series (12-18)
- Stand with your feet hip distance apart, core braced, chest up, shoulders back and down (as if they were against a wall), and a weighted object in each hand at your shoulders or by your sides.
- Alternating between feet parallel, toes in, and heels in (5 reps each), lift your heels off of the mat as high as you can with control, then slowly lower them back down (be mindful that you’re not shifting your weight side to side or leaning forward).
- Repeat for your max reps.
- MOD: Remove the weighted objects and complete this move with bodyweight only.
Alternating Reverse Curtsy Lunge Crunch (8-12 each side)
- Begin standing with your feet hip distance, core braced, chest upright, and a weighted object in each hand at your shoulders.
- Step your right foot across and behind you so that your right knee ends up behind your left heel into your reverse curtsy lunge. Keep your chest up, being mindful of not leaning forward over your knee or allowing your back knee to touch the mat.
- Power through your front heel to stand and as you bring your right leg forward, driving the knee up and to the right for an oblique crunch, then plant your foot back in the starting upright stance.
- Repeat reverse curtsy lunge crunch on the opposite side, completing a single rep of this exercise.
- Continue alternating sides to reach your max rep range.
- MOD: Remove the weighted objects and complete this move with bodyweight only or perform regular reverse lunges instead.
Great job Rockstar! The time and energy you invest in yourself and your health makes a huge difference! Let me know what you thought of today’s workout in the comments below.
I’d love to see you in ROCK YOUR LIFE, my online home workout studio and women’s fitness community!
Look at the amazing progress Rock Your Life member, Denise, shared over the course of JUST 2 MONTHS and 2 challenges!
“Took some more progress pictures and I am so pleased!! I never thought I could have muscle def again at almost 50 years old!! Betty Rocker you have changed my life!”
I’d love to see YOU inside Rock Your Life where you’ll have access to:
- 50+ Challenge programs that you can start, stop, and re-use as many times as you like! Choose to get daily emails to support you on your journey!
- Life Stages Training Guides to make your training more effective using my guides for women training with their cycle, training in perimenopause or training post menopause!
- Over 1000 home workout classes to choose from by length of time, type of workout, body part trained and more so you can stop, drop and Betty Rock anytime, anywhere!
- Over 300 healthy, delicious Betty Rocker recipes!
- Top Tier Support via email or in our private women’s fitness community where you can make new friends, and get support from me and the Team Betty Rocker coaches as you check in for your workouts!
Join us and get started today!
Returning member? Can’t wait to see you again! Just use the “returning member” option on the sign up page.
The post 5-Move Hamstrings, Booty and Abs Workout appeared first on The Betty Rocker.