This Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Dip can be made in 10 minutes and is the perfect appetizer for game day. It’s made with a non-fat Greek yogurt base, pureed roasted red peppers, and creamy goat cheese!
This creamy dreamy goat cheese dip comes together in 10 minutes and is a true crowd-pleaser appetizer! We love eating this dip cold, but wouldn’t doubt it’s delicious warm, too.
The food processor makes this roasted red pepper and goat cheese dip recipe SUPER easy. All you have to do is throw all your ingredients into it, and you’re done! And, this creamy dip makes the perfect appetizer for game day, dinner parties, or as a snack.
What You Need for this Goat Cheese Dip
- Jarred roasted red peppers: We love using these as it’s much easier than roasting red bell peppers yourself!
- Non-fat Greek yogurt: Non-fat Greek yogurt keeps things nutritious without piling on the calories. It’s also packed with protein!
- Goat cheese: Goat cheese has a tangy flavor profile and adds a bit of richness to the dip.
- Fresh thyme: Fresh thyme adds an earthy element to this creamy dip.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice adds a bit of acidity to cut through the creaminess of the dip.
- Food Processor: Using a food processor makes this recipe easy! All you have to do is dump all your ingredients in and BLEND! If you don’t have access to a food processor, try using a high-speed blender instead.
Get our Top 10 5-Star Recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get our top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
Variations and Substitutions
- Swap the Greek: If you want to make things a little creamier, try swapping out the Greek yogurt for sour cream or cream cheese. You won’t get as much protein, but you’ll still get tons of flavor and creaminess.
- Choose a different herb: If thyme isn’t your thing, play around with other fresh herbs like rosemary or oregano. These herbs add an earthy touch to the dip.
- Swap the lemon juice: Swap the lemon juice for red wine vinegar for a bit more flavor.
- Use a different cheese: Not a fan of goat cheese? Swap it out for feta cheese. We recommend the regular fat feta as low or non-fat feta can be too crumbly for this dip.
- Add some heat: Want to add a bit of a kick? Swap out the regular roasted red peppers for fire-roasted red peppers!
- Make a double batch so you can eat it throughout the week!
- If you don’t have a food processor, a Blender works great too! Just make sure you scrape the sides of the blender so everything blends nicely!
Store leftover dip in an airtight container or bowl covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Serve this dip up in a bowl with a side of baguette slices, crackers, or pita chips for dipping! If you want to create an entire appetizer spread, pair this dip with other appetizers like Everything Bagel Crispy Baked Chicken Wings, Fajita Nachos, and Healthy Rosemary Thyme Balsamic Meatballs!
Quick tip – Another great idea would be to spread it on a sandwich for a little extra layer of flavor!
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional toppings: chopped roasted red pepper, caramelized onion, and a sprinkle if thyme!
Place all ingredients into a high-speed food processor or blender. Process on high, stopping to scrape the sides until smooth.
Transfer the dip into a bowl and top with more roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, and fresh thyme. Eat cold with your favorite crackers.
Tips & Notes
- Cheese substitution: if you don’t love goat cheese, try Boursin cheese. We’ve made it with this swap and it’s delicious.
- We enjoyed this dip cold, but it would be delicious hot, as well.
Calories: 140kcal Carbohydrates: 22g Protein: 10g Fat: 3g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g